Wednesday 19 October 2011

The dance of life


I am the sum of lives gone by
I am the wind that flies so high
I am the breaking wave that sighs
Each glowing ember in the sky
The sand that flows in endless time
Of stones that stand with gazing eyes
Standing memories of their guise
The heart within begins to rise
The drum a steady flow
Until I hear the beating tone
Echoes of the journey home
Reaching up the hands that call
The seed of life within us all
The gift of life begins to grow
As fingers reach to sunlight’s glow
The branching tree its arms embrace
The seasons swift and changing face
Brings gift of wisdoms grace
Leaving winters sleeping fold
I turn to summers warming hold
Entranced in daylights glowing charms
I sleep in summers golden arms
And I that am the firefly
Dance in the night into the sky
Into the light of heavens eye
The endless dance of life.

No comments: